Monday, May 30, 2011

Big Picture Goal Setting-Shifting Sands

Well it's been 8 days since I completed My first HIM (Auburn-World's Toughest Half), and I have spent the last few days re-configuring My goals for the year. So far this year I have run 2 half marathons, figured I should run one (or two) before I did a half iron man. I have also completed (3rd in AG) My first Olympic triathlon. The remainder of My calender had 2 Olympic tris (June/August), a Gran Fondo (October) and My first 26.2 (December). I fugure I should run 26.2 before My first Iron Man next July, Napa VineMan.



In October 2009 I decided (after losing 109lbs in 6 months, and 30 years of inactivity), that I would do an Iron Man before My 50 birthday in October or 2012. Now that I have completed My half iron man, I have decided to scrap My 2 remaining tris this summer, and the Gran Fondo. I am going to focus on My core and weight over the next 9 weeks, and then implement an 18 week marathon training plan which will better postion Me to finish strong at Napa VineMan IM.



 I will resume full time tri training mid-January providing Me with 6 months of lead up to Napa VineMan. Oh, and I have added a new goal to 2013, one that will be the focus of the marathon training the remainder of this year:

Qualify for Boston.

Here's a pic of Me and My brother running My first event: 5k along the Charles River in Boston, November 2009.




Yes, there it is. I said it.....oh and qualifing times are going down for 2013, so I will have to at least run a 3:25:00 this December at the California International Marathon. Did I mention this will be My first marathon? lol. I'm considering the Hanson Brothers training plan, but will decide between now and the end of July.

I am really excited about what has taken place this year, and even more excited about My new goals. I love the control that I have over My life, and love reading about others who are doing the same. Most of all I am eternally grateful to have a wonderful partner in Amy who supports, encourages Me in everything I do. Thanks, honey.

Cheers to you all.....dream big.....then Make It Happen....



Livin the Dream :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment